If you're an Etsy shoppe-keeper:
- Make a store announcement that you are offering a discount - it doesn't need to be huge, but enough to grab some potential buyers attention. Blast it on social and do a promotional advertisement (for example: with Facebook, do a carousel layout with some of your store's best photography).
- Contact previous buyers and let them use a *special* discount. Increase the code to an additional 5% off on one or the entire purchase - your call. It'll make them feel admired.
- Pick an item that is on the lower end of your pricing scale (or something that's been sitting for a while) and offer it as a giveaway to those who favorite the item. A bit of a risk, but imagine the pay-off: an increase in shop views, social platform sharing, and new buyers.
Are you a photographer?
- Take extra care and time to social platforms this week. Share updated client stories, from engagement photos, newborn photo-shoots, and the company you did head shots for! This shows you stay in touch with your clients and you're more than just a person holding a camera by taking the time to know them. Be sure you get the proper permission before you start goin' nuts with scheduling.
Even though you may not have a gig, take some opportunities during the year to thank your fans:
- As a musician or if you're part of a musical group, you may have more or less gigs depending on the time of year and of course, your availability. For some of those dedicated fans, through social platform sharing, offer free admission (or work with the venue for food/drink promotions). Sometimes, people can't pay the cover charge or the additional travel fees.
- Don't forget to thank your fans for their loyalty! Share images and videos that show off your brand and their dedication.
To those working with moving pictures or graphics...
- Compared to an Etsy shoppe-keeper, you may think you have no chance at getting an "invite" to the party. Well, you might. ;)
- Independent filmmakers who are able to use on-location settings, like a pizzeria or a park, thank them publicly and not only in the credits! Depending on how wide of an audience you're trying to reach with your film, be a bit more personal about it. Make sure you clear it with the proper officials first!
- For those working in motion graphics, you may already have a good following if you're a go-to person in the industry or the platform you work on. Like a review, take the time this week to showcase your portfolio again that you worked on this past year.
Writers & Bloggers, you can do a bit more than just a free downloadable:
- Sure, one common thing you can do is to have your readers download something, but what would be even cooler is a tangible thing you can send to them. Whether it's a promo code for an affiliate product or a product/service of your own, you can customize it to whatever they want!